Friday, July 1, 2011

Tracks (Transformers)

Photobucket

I really never watched Transformers when I was younger, so I really didn't know a lot of the robots. But I had a commission for this Transformer, Tracks and it was right up my ally. I am sort of a robot plushy expert.

Photobucket

This robot had more details on him then I'm used to, so I had to find a way to use all the detail that was there but still simplify it so it could be made into a plush. I was honestly more worried about the head then anything else, but I'm happy with the end result of the head. it reminded me of a Gundam.

There was a lot of little embroidery and applique parts to his body and arms. After a while it was starting to feel like really constructing a robot with the number of parts he had to him; the head, chest, torso, arms, legs, wings...
It's amazing how complicated these ones can get. Even though he's only a few colors, majority red and white, having to constantly switch threads and go between fabrics made the project a bit more time consuming.

He's one of my bigger ones, probably even a little taller then Lockjaw. The client asked for about 16inches but he ended up being closer to 18inches at the very tip of his head. He's also one of my few that can't really stand up on their own. He's too top heavy, I needed to lean him up against the wall to get him to stand. Which was fine, he's meant to be held rather then stand. From what I understand it's part of a cosplay, so the person can hold him. The way he's sewn he can sit down to some degree, with his back propped up against the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment