Friday, June 24, 2011

Evangelion (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Photobucket

Another robot! But this one is a bit different. Rather then base it off it's original design the client asked me to make it based off of a figurine.

Photobucket

The client wanted it to go with the cosplay and probably something a little bit more cute. There was a few changes that I was asked to make, to try and make the colors a bit more like it's original design.

Photobucket

The shape and form was much simpler then the process I'd go into making a normal robot plush. In this case I tackled it more like an animal, because the shape reminded me more of a cat or dog hunched over. The bottom legs have the same shape as Lockjaw. The eyes are buttons of course, if I can include buttons I will. For the shape of the face, I thought it be simpler if I made the odd antenna looking part on top of his head a separate piece and then attach it, which I'm pleased with the shape.

The mouth is basically just sewn on, because it would be easier to match up and sew, plus it allowed the mouth to stand out more.

Probably the most tedious part was making the tubes on his back. Most of it had to be sewn by hand and then attached by hand. It's not difficult, just a bit repetitive, and it can really cause a cramp in your hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment