Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Metal Gear Ray (Metal Gear Solid 2)

Photobucket

It's been a little bit since I posted. I was hunting down for more commissions and I got a sizable list, so I started working! The first one on that list was Metal Gear Ray. I had been wanting to make him for a while, since I made Rex, but I really never had the chance or opportunity. But then someone commissioned me for Ray and I was all too excited to make it.

Photobucket

Ray was interesting, because his shape is so different. Rex I could break down into a lot of square or rectangle shapes, but Ray was a bit more round and organic in shape. He had a bird/aquatic type shape to him. The hardest part to figure out was what I was going to do with the face. His face was broken up into so many parts, I just ended up simplifying it into one square shape sewing in a design to replicate the mouth. The heart buttons are left over from when I was making a bunch of Rex, and they add and extra cute touch to him.

I chose a brighter red color because that particular shade of organish-red wasn't really easy to find, so I had to make due and go with a brighter red instead.

The tail has a wire in it so it's bendable and posable. It also acts as support for the body so he could stand on his feet. I chose to tilt his wings down rather then up for balance, so he could actually support himself and stand on his feet, rather then fall over.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how he turned out! I wish I had a Rex around to take photos of them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment