Saturday, July 2, 2011

Clara (Kuragehime)

Photobucket

This by far has been my favorite project to work on. I've heard of Kuragehime and I've been really wanting to watch it for a while now, but haven't really gotten around to it yet. But for Otakon, a client wanted the jellyfish mascot type character for their cosplay.

Photobucket

I only had to work in two colors, which was such a nice break from Tracks, having to switch between different all the different colors. But what was the big time consuming part of this project was all the circles on her head and arms. I ended up appliqueing each part on, I even ran out of thread at one point while doing this. It wasn't really difficult to do, but it was the part that look up most of my time, and I got just a bit more practice with applique.

I think my favorite part is the ruffle detail. Its really nothing more then a ruffle made from the fleece material. Simple and sewn around the circumference of the doll. Then the legs are sewn under that. What I really love about this, is that the legs are set up well enough so it can actually stand up on its own! And I love it when I can make a plush stand up.

Other then that I really can't say too much about this one. The shapes are really basic so it was easy to sew, and the eyes are of course buttons. Since its eyes are simple little dots I could really easily pull it off.

1 comment: