Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Photobucket

I had been meaning to make this for a long while now. I haven't seen the series yet, but Kyubey's design really drew me in. I wanted to attempt it, but never really had the time. Finally I had someone commission me for him and I was excited to work on him.

Photobucket

His body was really easy. It was a simple, slender shape. Rather then keep the arms and legs attached, I chose to make them separate. Felt it was easier to control how thin they were and how I could stuff them. I think the part I'm most happy about is how I was able to create the gradient on the ear parts. It was pretty easy to do. I just lightly colored over with a marker, until I got the gradient look that I wanted.

Originally I was planning on getting gold rings for his ears, but I never really found one that I liked. So I ended up just using fabric to make the rings. But it works out, because then I don't have to worry about them moving around. He sits pretty wonderfully. I'm a little sad I have to give him up to the client now!

As a side note, I'm starting to accept and post client photos with their plushes. With each client their get a picture of them, and their plush posted, as well a link to whatever gallery they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment