Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Puppycat (Bee and Puppycat)



I got a commission for Puppycat from Bee and Puppycat. The cat is such a big, cute shape, even with its frowning face. I was pretty excited to work on it and make a round cute cat.

All of the shapes were really basic. A round head, round body and small legs. The legs really doesn't support it as much as the body itself holds it up. The legs really act more as decoration rather then actual support like most of the other limbs I make for my plushes.

His facial details are hand sewn on, the eyes just fleece, so I could replicate his expression. The mouth is embroidered on to create the angry pout it has.

The collar around it neck is just fleece. I made a round shape to replicate the bell that it has around its neck and attached it to the neck. The "collar" doesn't fully wrap around his head, but I wanted to replicate how it looked in the reference.



No comments:

Post a Comment